Check your insurance
If your hospital visit is being funded by an insurance company, payment will be made direct by your insurer in line with agreements we hold with them. To ensure that your insurance company can make the payment, please follow the instructions below.
Contact your insurance company
Before you attend HMT St Hugh’s Hospital for consultation, it’s essential that you get authorisation from your insurance company. So, before your first appointment, you should contact them to check the following:
- Is your condition covered?
- Does your insurance company recognise the consultant you have chosen?
- Are there any monetary limits for outpatient treatment on your policy?
- Are you covered for the planned treatment, including your first out-patient appointment?
- Is there an excess payable on your policy?
- Is outpatient cover restricted to claims that result in a hospital admission
Remember to check that you’re covered at each stage of your treatment, as you’ll be responsible for any additional costs not covered by your insurance.
Once you’ve contacted your insurance company about your planned hospital visit, some insurance companies may give you a pre-authorisation reference. If you are given one please bring it with you each time you visit us.
We will not contact you for any other reason than to respond to the question or information you request in this form.