How we handle complaints
We will always:
- listen to every complaint in full.
- be open, honest and thorough in dealing with complaints.
- respond promptly.
- deal with everyone concerned, fairly and objectively.
- seek to resolve any issues amicably.
- use the experience to improve what we do.
Raising a complaint
In the first instance, if you wish to raise a complaint or concern please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org making sure to provide the following details:
- Your name and address.
- The name and address of the patient (if different).
- Patient’s date of birth.
- Patient’s hospital number (if known).
- Complainant’s contact details including telephone and email address.
- A full description of all issues about which you wish to complain, including relevant dates and times.
Our three-stage complaint process
You can download a copy of our complaints procedure here.
If you complaint cannot be resolved by a member of staff please write to the Hospital Director, HMT St Hugh’s Hospital, Peaks Lane, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire DN32 9RP or e-mail email@example.com. Your complaint will be investigated and a full response will be sent to you within 20 working days, unless the investigation is still ongoing.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome/response to your complaint you can appeal to the Executive Director, Healthcare Management Trust, 14 Queen Anne’s Gate, London, SW1H 9AA, within 6 months.
If you are dissatisfied with the internal appeal outcome you have the right to refer the matter to Independent Healthcare Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS) within six months of the final decision of the hospital’s internal review. ISCAS will then raise the complaint with the hospital within 10 working days of receipt.
You can find a copy of ISCAS’s complaints procedure here.
When we get it right please let us know. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated by our staff and help to ensure good practice is shared.
All service users are encouraged to complete the patient survey leaflet that is available on the ward or in the out-patients area or you can email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we handle your personal information