Nominations for the Civic Awards 2023 are open… and we’re ready and waiting to celebrate those who go above and beyond expectations to forge community spirit in North East Lincolnshire.
The initiative was officially launched in September last year at Grimsby Town Hall, where supporters including our hospital director, Ashley Brown, joined the Mayor of North East Lincolnshire, Councillor Steve Beasant, to talk about why highlighting good work in our communities is so important.
As already reported, St Hugh’s Hospital has teamed up with North East Lincolnshire Council’s Civic Office to stage the awards and celebrate community spirit in our area. But you don’t have long to nominate – the window closes at the end of this month.There are seven categories to nominate in, and each one has a champion, and we are championing the Charity or Volunteer of the Year award.
Ashley said: “In this category we are looking to identify either an individual or an organisation that get together and actually add value to the community through their volunteer work. That can be someone doing something small, such as helping a neighbour or helping individuals stay in their home, or it could be an organization that has grown, developed, and really added value to North East Lincolnshire.”
Find out more information at www.nelincs.gov.uk/civicawards or skip straight to the nomination page here
The seven categories in all are:
• Mayor’s Community Impact Award (championed by the Mayor of North East Lincolnshire, Councillor Stephen Beasant)
• Charity of the Year Award (Ashley Brown, St Hugh’s Hospital director)
• Environmental Impact Award (Jordan Brompton, myenergi)
• Sporting and Wellness Impact Award (Jason Stockwood, Grimsby Town FC)
• Business in the Community Award (Mark Webb, eFactor)
• Inspirational Young Person Award (Mark Blundell, Onside Youth Zone)
• Good Neighbour Award (Sam Delaney, Creative Start)
Nominations close at 5pm on Tuesday, January 31. They will be passed to the Civic Awards Panel, who will meet in February to select the winner of each category. Winners will be invited to a special ceremony at Grimsby Town Hall on Friday, March 10 to celebrate their award.